|Date Posted||June 24, 2020|
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Our customer has a requirement for a Systems Engineer with experience in software integration and test to support the specification and implementation of new software tools, the migration of existing software tools, and provide support for the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of a deployed system within a cloud-based environment using Amazon Web Services (AWS). The selected candidate will be involved with all phases of bringing processed data back from remote sites through network connectivity to a receive facility and processing this data within the customer’s AWS. The selected candidate will be required to travel worldwide on short notice which is typically less than seven (7) days. This travel may require the candidate to provide on-site maintenance for up to thirty (30) days as necessary.
Help design, integrate, accredit, test and implement a classified AWS environment to include the necessary input/output interfaces, to house all source and associated collection for a designated mission system. This includes the following:
- Complete an AWS architecture to ingest, process, store and manage System operational data for intelligence data management.
- Complete an initial and long-term AWS architecture to support System operational data management needs.
- Resolve multiple ingest interfaces and system high output interfaces; leverage existing accredited high-speed threshold guard/firewall services.
- Determine the most efficient/expedient means to implement an accreditable architecture.
- Develop system functional and non-functional requirements.
- Perform trades to specify the most appropriate firewall/guard implementation.
- Fully specify all feed paths/routes for System data (rate, interface, source, format, classification, etc.)
- Develop alternate/adjunct system data repository(ies) in support of continuing System and other development and data science requirements.
- Integrate all aspects of this implementation.
- Establish support relationships with (information System Security Manager (ISSM)), Customer’s AWS Program Office, Budget Office, etc.) required to deliver this capability.
- Perform cost estimates and trades against proposed architecture options using (Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) and other costing tools as required).
- Schedule and conduct all coordination sessions needed to deliver this capability.
- Provide regular written status reporting to Mission Stakeholders at all levels of the customer organization.
- Support the accreditation of this new capability via directorate ISSM.
- Complete all Body of Evidence (BOE) and Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) documentation required by the ISSM.
- Complete all Risk Management Framework (RMF 4.0) actions.
- Coordinate A&A process steps with System team and Directorate ISSM.
- Ensure System is fully tested.
- Develop an RVTM consistent with Group Engineering and Readiness process.
- Ensure the RVTM is complete for each phase of the development IAW Group Engineering and Readiness processes.
- Develop all necessary test plans.
- Work (Plan, Schedule, coordinate, negotiate, perform) with System Project Team, system development contractor, system partners and other stakeholders to execute all necessary testing.
- Develop an O&M plan (with costs) to sustain system data management needs (timeframe TBD).
- TS/SCI with Poly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Experience with implementation of software systems within the AWS cloud environment that leverages specific, available AWS applications, utilities and tools including: Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2), Simple cloud Storage Service (S3), Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Experience integrating software systems in a multi-level security environment.
- Experience working with AWS System Administrators for provisioning AWS software services.
- Ability to re-configure and transition software from a server-based environment to a cloud-based environment.
- Understanding of networking, routing and configuration of virtual private networks (VPN).
- Understanding of the AWS Cost Management tools and lifecycle cost and trades associated with AWS services.
- Expert proficiency in use of Linux on both the command-line and in a graphical environment.
- Amazon (AWS) certifications to include any or all of the following; Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, AWS Security.
- Experience with IC security accreditation process, procedures, and requirements (ICD-503/RMF 4.0).
- Experience with software written in Python, C/C++, MATLAB
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is anAA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)