|Date Posted||July 21, 2020|
Our direct client in Sunset Valley, TX area has an immediate opening for a Contract AWS/Java Developer.
AWS/JAVA Developer with Java background to work with Subscriber management platform team. Developers are hands-on coders as well as high-level designers and thinkers - will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of client's systems, refactoring and improving those systems for maintainability and standards compliance in a high-activity environment, and for designing the integrations between those systems.
Most of the core infrastructure is Java-based - extremely strong Java skills are an absolute must. Demonstrated experience in building highly scalable and performant services in an SOA environment is a must. Experience in working with NoSQL is preferred. Some experience in building Microservices in AWS and migrating a monolithic application into Microservices will be preferred.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of related experience building efficient, maintainable, robust Java based applications.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS technologies like micro services, Lambda, S3, Kinesis Data Streams
- Should be familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Basic familiarity with Spring Boot
- Strong advocate of disciplined software development: configuration management using GIT, issue tracking, estimation, and Agile practices.
- Experience with shared development on/offshore
- Experience building XML APIs as well as REST-based APIs
- Practical experience with secure coding practices including OAUTH and encryption
- SQL skills as well as experience with NoSQL, Dynamodb.
- DevOps experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to build unit tests and tracking code coverage.
- Knowledge of gradle build process is desired.
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus - especially in the areas of writing high-performance, scalable, reliable, and maintainable code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please reply to Job#6277 along with a copy of your updated resume.