|Date Posted||July 23, 2020|
Cloud (AWS) Network / System Engineer
Location: Prefer Silver Spring, MD or Reston, VA or Remote Work from Wash DC area possible
Clearance: Public Trust
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Cloud Network / System Engineer to join our team for an exciting and challenging opportunity
The Cloud Network/System Engineer will work closely with the Clients legacy team and the client personnel to design, coordinate, implement and test compliant Cloud Networking solutions for our client. This will include configuring and administering Virtual Cloud Networking solutions and designing connectivity requirements for the Network Connectivity provider for NOAA and working closely with them to help sustain and optimize this solution.
You will review Data Center and associated Networks, oversee the installation of networking for cloud-based solutions (for leading public and Government cloud providers like AWS, Azure, and Google), in addition to helping maintain and troubleshoot the existing cloud network solution. You will be working under the direction of the Project Manager, and a Lead Cloud Application Architect, and closely with Federal Agency IT and Networking personnel and stakeholders; this position requires excellent technical, customer service, communication, and organizational skills to support network operations for customer connections, administrative personnel, and staff. This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments. This is a full-time position, some travel may be required, preferably located in the Washington DC area. May be required to assist with other proposals and delivery efforts for other customers.
Oversees the development of all Cloud Networking and System Engineering services for the client. Has software and hardware development experience and knowledge of a variety of programming languages as well as development and deployment platforms.
Business Development and Client Facing Responsibilities:
Fills a technical leadership role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to build quality infrastructure solutions that meet the requirements and advises clients on Solution offerings, strategy, designs, specific technologies, implementation approaches and alternatives / tradeoffs
- Full time position, some travel required, preferably located in the Reston, VA or Silver Springs, MD area to serve the NOAA Cloud program.
- US Citizenship Required. Bachelors, Master’s Degree or equivalent required (to qualify for minimum GSA requirements)
- AWS Certifications (Associate Level – Architect or Developer OR Professional Level – Architect or Developer) AND/OR Microsoft Azure 300-level Certifications
- Cloud Architecture, Network and Infrastructure Design Skills in either AWS (preferable), Azure (preferable) or Google Cloud
- Experience in Designing, Deploying and Supporting Cloud Management Platforms
- Client Relationship and Consulting skills for driving and leading discussions, leading requirements sessions, experience in producing deliverable documents.
- Experienced with Cloud Migration Strategy, Planning, and Migration activities
- Architect or developer certifications in AWS AND Azure cloud technologies.
- Experience with Google cloud technologies a plus.
- Experience delivering solutions to major Federal Programs.
- Experience with Cloud Managements Platform highly preferred.
- Network Engineering Experience Desired
- Extensive experience with meeting Federal network security compliance requirements
- Extensive knowledge and experience with network technologies, including integration and deployment methodologies, operations and support, and troubleshooting and restoration
- Experience with Networking and Server Technologies such as VMWARE, CISCO, etc
- Experience configuring and software-based (IPsec & SSL) VPN solutions such as: Openswan, Libreswan, Strongswan, Quagga, pfSence, Vyatta and/or Window
- Experience configuring and hardware VPN devices such as: Cisco, Juniper, SonicWall, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto and Yamaha
- Experience with network operating systems such as CISCO IOS and Junos
- Experience with Internet Routing Protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, ISIS and/or QSPF etc.
- Proficiency in network integration and network administration (DNS, BGP, Load Balancing)
- Experience with hardware and/or software Load Balancers in a large data center environment
- Experience working with teams to achieve high client/user satisfaction levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Other Desirable Experience:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate, Cisco Certified Network Professional, Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert, CompTIA Network+ highly desirable · ITIL Foundations; ITIL Intermediate Certifications desirable
- Experience with Cloud Management Platforms is highly desirable
- Systems administration experience with Unix or Windows · Scripting/Programming experience in Java, Perl, Bash/Shell etc.
- Experience using comprehensive network monitoring and event correlation tools; incident and problem management; and proactive capacity management
GSA Minimum Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
Education and Experience Equivalency Policies:
* With a Master’s Degree (in the fields described in Min. Education above): 6 years of IT experience.
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans